Careers at First Unitarian Church of Cleveland
Thank you for your interest in positions at First Unitarian. We currently have the following positions open:
Part Time Position
The RE assistant provides administrative support to Adult and Youth Religious Education programs at First Unitarian, and
performs other duties as needed.
This is a part-time position working approximately 10 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. The RE assistant will be
needed through the end of the 2017 Church Year.
- Recruitment of Teachers and Volunteers for the 2017-2018 Church Year
- Coordinate youth and adult student registration
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of curriculum, attendance, and feedback from students, parents, teachers, and
Interested parties should contact Eileen McCully (email@example.com) and/or
Dell Salza (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acting Director of Lifespan Faith Development
- Provide leadership for Religious Education across the lifespan as a critical component of the church’s mission.
- Youth and Adult Religious Education programs.
- Report to Board of Trustees.
- Oversee multigenerational worship segment of Sunday service in collaboration with Parish Minister
- Supervise volunteers in preparing and implementing “Time for All Ages”
- Plan and oversee implementation of special multigenerational worship (e.g., Coming of Age, RE Sunday, Senior
Adult Religious Education (ARE)
- Advance the work of empowering the congregation to “own” ARE by further developing the ARE Committee’s proposal process
and by providing facilitator and other leadership training
- Help ARE Committee discern highest priority needs among membership for course topics
- Using thorough knowledge of UUA ARE curricula and demonstrating expertise in moderating and facilitating when highly
charged topics are broached, teach 2 courses this year in addition to supporting other people teaching courses
Youth Religious Education (YRE)
- Recruit YRE teachers with assistance of YRE Committee
- Support teachers and other volunteers through teacher training sessions, one-to-one support sessions, and informal
- On some Sundays and by appointment during the week, be available to talk with visitors and provide support to parents
- Offer frontline pastoral care to children, youth, and families on a limited basis in collaboration with the Parish
Minister, and make referrals as necessary
- Provide administrative support for Youth Cons
- Assume responsibility for compliance with UUA guidelines related to health and safety
- Keep Adult and Youth Religious Education budgets, expenses, attendance, and program files current and apprise RE Committees
and Board as requested
- Communicate regularly with RE program leaders, and serve as RE spokesperson to the congregation and community
- Provide content to the newsletter, E-Blast, and other means of communication for internal and external publicity
about the Adult and Youth Education programs
- Consult as needed with the Growth and Development Committee in regard to the Lifespan Faith Development goals of the
- Supervise registration for adult and youth programs
- Post and maintain regular office hours and be flexible for other scheduling as needed
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to:
First Unitarian Church
21600 Shaker Boulevard
Shaker Heights, OH 44122 Attention: Eileen McCully Hsi
UU-credentialed religious educators encouraged to apply
Salary consistent with UUA Principles of Fair Compensation